Elmira, Regional Municipality of Waterloo|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Apr 1 2017
7:00 AM (Carpool Departure: 7:00 AM *log in for location*)
|Registration Cut Off:
Fri, Mar 31 2017 8:00:00 PM
|Event Duration:||8 hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D4: Moderate to Difficult|
You must be logged in to get the Event Coordinator contact information.
|Member Cost:||Voluntary Donation Only (See Below)|
Members Only, 18 And Older Only
|Maximum Group Size:||25|
|Minimum Group Size:||4|
|Number Registered So Far:||
23 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|Are Dogs Permitted:||
Note: Registration opens a week before the
The 5th Annual trek to the Elmira Maple
Syrup Festival and a 16km hike. Also, Justin's
100th event led as a coordinator AND 10th
Anniversary as a TOC member.
The terrain is easy, mostly being a flat
trail, but we'll keep a moderate pace at about
to 4.5km/h for the 16km hike.
We will start our adventure at the 52nd
Annual Elmira Maple Syrup Festival, where
we'll explore the local sugar bush and taste
local maple syrup poured onto pancakes. After a
pancake breakfast and time to explore the
and purchase some maple syrup, we will start
Kissing Bridge Trailway, past rich Ontario
farmland and sugar maple forests, ending at
Ontario's last remaining covered
bridge, we will stop for lunch at a rural
church for lunch at their yearly bazaar (food
and craft sale) then return along the trail
back to the parking lot. Click here for Kissing
Bridge Trailway Map
Those willing to drive may get preference
the wait list. Preference may also be given to
those whose TOC record suggests an inclination
pick up the pace.
|Required Items to Bring:|
- Water (1-2L)
- Snacks and/or lunch
- CASH for pancake breakfast (entrance to the
- Active layered clothing appropriate for the
- Hiking footwear with icers/crampons for
possible icy trail sections
- Change of footwear for after the hike
- Hat or ear warmers and gloves or mittens
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
- CASH for lunch and take home maple
|How to Get There:|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||250Km|
|Carpool Departure Time:||
Log in for location
Log in for directions
Approximate vehicle expense for this event is $50.25 (calculated at total Km * $0.201, effective Thursday, June 22, 2017). This is based on $0.08/Km for maintenance, plus current gas price divide by 9. Your event coordinator will confirm exactly how much money is required from each person.
Photo credit: Justin H|
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in TOC events.
- Details of this event are subject to undergo a change at any point in time, with or without warning.
- Questions about equipment or rentals? Send them to email@example.com.
- Notice any errors or problems in the information on this page? Please notify our Content Editor(s), Stacy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Voluntary Donation: ( What is this?)|
Suggested donation amount for this event is: $2.00/Person.
Please review our Cancellation Policy carefully!